Friday 26 October 2007

Gilgel Beles - settling in

Just realised I spelt part of my Ethiopian address incorrectly. It should
be:

Mark Sidey
PO Box 47
Gilgel Beles
Metekel Zone
Ethiopia

Also to let you know that it's difficult to pick up or send emails at
present - there is either no connection or it is very, very slow and
expensive in the Internet Café. I'll catch up when I can.

I have been made welcome by the Dean at the College and have plenty of "followers" on the way to and from my home to work. It will take time to adjust to the working practices and things are inclined to happen on a day-to-day basis. In Gilgel Beles, there is a very limited supply of even
basic requirements, including food - a definite lack of protein - but I can get toilet tissue!

1 comment:

Hanse said...

Hi Mark. Have a look around for a couple of white guys that just arrived in town - Oliver and Jesse.
Hans