Saturday 28 July 2007

Harry Potter (no spoilers)

Just finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (book 7) after spending most of the day reading from page 200ish to the end (607). Quite exciting finish and I'm glad I read it before I found out what happened from anyone else or the net.

I remember buying Order of the Pheonix (book 5) in a Tescos on the outskirts of Inverness when I was doing my tour around Scotland before I started work at PT school back in 2003. I read it during my tour and finished it just before returning home and visiting the school in July. My favourite reading locations were on the Orkney Isle of Sanday looking out over a huge sand bar, and sitting in the car with a view of a mountain on the Isle of Skye. Half Blood Prince (book 6), I read after breaking up from school two years ago before I went to Ireland for the first time.

Although they're fun and quite exciting, they don't come anywhere near the quality of my favourite story, Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials Trilogy (Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass.)

No comments: