Sunday 9 September 2007

Tenby

After my course I went to Tenby in Pembrokeshire, Wales. It is one of my favourite places in Britain. It has long sandy beaches to walk along, rocks to climb, a harbour, islands to go to and old walls to explore. I have stopped there twice on the way to Ireland in the last two years and this time I stayed for two nights. I managed to get a room with a view looking out over the South Beach and Caldey Island.

I walked, padded, climbed and kayaked right round the headland, into a sea cave, passed the lifeboat launch ramp and through a sea arch. You can see some of this in the pictures (click on them to enlarge, then use the back button.) Something else I did was phone home and get mum and dad to find me on the Tenby Webcam. I walked up and down along the harbour wall and they could see me back home on the computer!!! (I don't think there's a webcam in Addis!)

This is one of the first places I plan to visit in two years when I return. I'm really going to miss the coast and seeing how places change with the tides. I am taking the entire three series of "Coast" on DVD with me in case I get "lack of sea"-sick!

No comments: