Wednesday 9 April 2008

Running out of motivational energy.

The power was off virtually all day today. The biggest problem for me, apart from laptop batteries running out in the middle of a DVD is that I boil my water using an electric hob: No electricity, no water!

I cooked pasta and chicken luncheon meat using wax power again for dinner.

Another typical day training:

(Remember I said yesterday we went on a mini tour of schools. One of the reasons was to remind them of the training this week.)

Having given the bloke who organises transport my list of intended training weeks ago, re-reminding him of it yesterday, I did my re-re-check this morning by giving him a note in big marker-pen letters saying 7:30 to V5 (1:30pm to village five.) Needless to say, the bus arrived outside my house, just after my lunch-time nap at 7:00!! So, tired, p-ed off that the timing was out again, we went to village 5, passing a two-bus collision on the way.

When we got there the driver asked me what time to return, I said 10:30, he said 10:00 so I made some comment about “Why the **** does he bother asking me if he already has a time he wants to go back.” I always have the feeling that the drivers have ulterior motives for everything, they seem to use the cars and buses as their own transport picking up and dropping off whoever they like. I may just be being paranoid, but I’ve lost count of the number of times we drive off somewhere unplanned.

Anyway, into the school. We had brought some students from the college with us, so I got them all to make large multiplication squares while we waited. The training was due to start at 8:00 (2pm) and by about 8:45 with three teachers (of 15) in attendance, I started the training. After the 20min intro, the idea was the teachers made some resources for their classrooms. They couldn’t be bothered and basically went home. Great.

If you look on the bright-side, we made about 10 multiplication squares, but it is so hard being positive and trying to be motivational all the time when some teachers don’t give a ****.

Anyway, I got a lot of post today – sweets and food, DVDs and music and the power is back on (for now) so it’s not all bad.

Newsflash

I just walked to work in the rain, which has now got even heavier!!!

First time in… since I got here. It’s never rained in the morning before. Grey skies at last!!!

No comments: