Friday 8 May 2009

Recorder Concert 2, training, cold and ants

Yesterday my recorder groups played their second concert to their class. This time they played one tune each as a solo followed by some ensemble pieces. It went well.

Today I will be running a four hour training session for instructors here at the college on Microsoft Office and skills relating to good design / good practice when working with text and photos etc.

I’ve had a nasty cold for the last few days (got through a day’s wages on toilet paper to blow my nose!) – it’s the first one I’ve had since 2007 back in the UK – and I caught it from a ferengi – Göran!!)

On Wednesday night there was a large number of ants coming in from the outside and going into a pipe that comes from the roof gutter. I couldn’t work out what was attracting them so by using my camera and a torch I video'd up the pipe (it was too low to look into by eye) When I played back the video I saw a brownish mass covered in ants and it wasn’t until I freeze-framed it, I suddenly realised it was a donut about 2m into the pipe. Then it clicked. We have a rat in the house which regularly uses the pipe as an access and it obviously stole the donut, tried to get it along the pipe, got it stuck, and later the ants found it. I have also had a number potatoes go missing over the last few weeks and it took me a while to notice – it was the rat again.

No comments: