Thursday 26 July 2007

Last Day at School!

Yesterday was my last day at school* after four years of teaching Year 4 and 5. I have mixed feelings, as am excited at what is ahead, but also, I'm sad to leave - remembering the plays, residentials, music, all the children I have taught, and all the children that would've been in my class next year that I will not teach.

The school gave me a DVD and card with messages and pictures from all the children in the school, some of which are really sweet, and some are just plain weird!!!

Thank you to everyone who gave me presents, cards and letters, or wished me good luck. The messages and comments were really moving, thank you. I will remember all of you.

Also, thank you to everyone who donated to VSO. I have updated the total on my fundraising website and you can see how the total is rising towards the target.

In September I plan to visit the school before I go to have a bit of a fund-raising sale, a mini-auction and to have a quick talk to parents and the children about what lies ahead for me.

I also plan to stay in touch with the school during my time in Ethiopia. I have no idea at present what internet facilities there will be, but I will keep the school updated as often as possible, and hope all the children will write to me. I also hope to be able to arrange some Ethiopian Pen Pals at some point as well.

(*with children. I was back in school today clearing out all my gadgets, and also showing my replacement some of the ICT and telling her all about the children she is inheriting - Oh dear some of you!!!! I'm back again for my actual last day tomorrow.)

No comments: