Friday 22 August 2008

Broadstairs, London, Airshow and more

I've just returned from a short break with mum, dad, sister, niece and nephew. A family holiday in Broadstairs, Kent. While we were there, our friends came to stay for a couple of days before returning home to play "Sing star."



We had a good time and the weather was much better than was forecast. We managed to get on the beach, saw some fireworks and a fun-fair (see pic). Yesterday I did another mini-coastal walk from Margate round to Broadstairs after bowling in the town with my nephew and sister.



Before that, I went to London to meet a VSO friend and to Eastbourne to see the Airshow. The Red Arrows are pretty spectacular - I got some good photos.



Finally, in the middle of August, my French friends ( a teaching family I met through school) came to visit. On one of the days we visited London and saw the changing of the guard.




I now only have two weeks until I return to Ethiopia... I will miss the opulent lifestyle of the last six weeks (although I need to lose some weight and stem my spending spree!)

No comments: