Saturday 6 September 2008

Last day in the UK

Since I last blogged, I have been out kayaking again, around the rocks at Eastbourne, round the corner and saw Beachy Head Lighthouse in the distance. I've also seen some more relatives and friends, been on sing star again at another friends, and been busy backing up hard discs, and getting ready to go back to Ethiopia.

I packed tonight, and it was much easier than last time. Everything fit in my case and backpack, with a bit of space left over, and some 7kg under the limit. Also, my laptop works and the hardisc is doing fine, and I now have another one with everything on it ready to swap in (about a 2min job) should anything go wrong with this one (see my last departure problems.)

Anyway, tomorrow it should be fairly relaxed. I'm going to have a last walk at the coast, a meal with my family, then go to Heathrow for a 21:15 flight. I should arrive in Addis Ababa about 10 hours later, and all being well, I should be able to post on here Tuesday afternoon...

Watch this space.

No comments: