Saturday 22 September 2007

Leaving Do

Last night, loads of people from the school where I worked gathered for my leaving do. I don't do the posh restaurant-type thing, so we had Chinese at my TAs house and had a great evening. Thanks to A for hosting and the banoffee pie, P for collecting the huge Chinese order (apparently he held up the queue in the takeaway for ages), J for the huge meringue with strawberries and chocolate, P for the leaving speech and everyone else for coming and the present (an MP3 player to take with me and while away the dark evenings when the electricity goes out.)

In my very unprepared speech (which I didn't managed to get out of, and during which, several people interrupted and got their names on the board) I included the line:
"Having worked with you for four years, I've come to think of you all as... people that I've met" (a Rimmer quote from Red Dwarf.)

No comments: