Saturday 31 May 2008

Water and good deeds


There hasn’t been any water since I’ve been back. Luckily I had two big buckets filled before I left, but now I’m down to about 2 litres – enough to wash my hands during the day. I am now running out of clothes as there wasn’t any water for a week before I went to Addis and I have all the clothes from my trip.


I have enough to drink, but not enough to wash and definitely not enough to wash clothes. I hope it comes on today.


I have a guy pestering me to edit his wedding video. It’s the one good turn deserves a lot of hassle. I edited one person’s video in the past and it came back to bite me because now this other one wants me to do his, and it’s not “when it’s convenient”, it’s “now”!


Also I printed lots of photos for people in Addis and gave them out, and one guy suddenly comes up and says “where is photo?” because I had printed him (free) about six photos, but there were two of him in a school and I had only printed the best one.


I’m always very cautious of relationships because they often seem one-sided or unbalanced – either one person is using the relationship to get something, or one person wants more from the other than they want to give. I always find that staying in and watching a DVD is safer and more enjoyable than “going out for a drink”. This, of course is coming from my “post arrival in hell-town”-mood and may change when I get used to it again.


No comments: